Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Plein Air artist Marilyn Egers featured at April's ACAA meeting - Wed Apr 10

Plein air painter Marilyn Egers will be the featured artists at ACAA’s Wednesday, April 10 meeting. Marilyn earned a Bachelor of Arts in 1987 from California State University, Stanislaus in Art. Later in 1990, she received her teaching credentials from Chapman College enabling her to instruct future artists at Bear Creek High School, where she teaches teach many levels of art. She also has an have an M.F.A. from the Academy of Art in San Francisco.
You can view her art on her web site at: http://www.marilyneger.net/
The meeting begins at 7PM.
For more information about the ACAA, visit: www.AmadorArtists.org

“I am primarily a plein air painter. When this is not possible I work from my own photos as a point of departure. I am inspired by the area I live in and things around me, such as Acampo landscape, old tractors and cars, curious cattle, and the flowers from the garden. I am also drawn to reflected color in all kinds of items especially, bottles. I have a deep passion for vibrant color. My media of choice is oil, pastel and acrylics in that order. I feel like a sculptor when painting because I can chisel out the images as though they were stone. Throughout my life I have continued to value a strong art education and will never stop learning." - Marilyn Egers


"Church on Church Street"

Devries Chicken Barns

No comments:

Post a Comment